Sheriff Entry Page Header Image

Concealed Pistol License

Click the button below for Concealed Pistol License information and applications.  You can apply for a new application, renew your current application or change the address associated with your application.

Click here »

Fingerprinting Services

Click the button below for fingerprinting information. You can pay for your fingerprinting online and make an appointment for your fingerprinting session.

Click here »

Concealed Pistol License  The process is easier than you think.

Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the firearm is to be used.

In Washington State, law enforcement agencies are required to follow local, state and federal guidelines when performing the necessary background checks for issuing Concealed Pistol Licenses (CPLs). Due to the detailed nature involved in conducting these background checks, processing times can take up to 30 days (up to 60 days for applicants residing out of state). You will be notified when all required background checks have been completed.

If you have a 'Stanwood/98292 address’, or are a resident of another state, you may apply for a CPL at the Stanwood Police Department. 


  • For an ORIGINAL CPL, you will be asked to schedule a fingerprint appointment.
  • If you are applying for a CPL RENEWAL, you may not apply until 90 days prior to the expiration date shown on your current CPL.
  • LATE RENEWAL applications will be accepted up to 90 days after the expiration date shown on the current CPL.
  • If you are a city of Stanwood or an out of state resident and your Washington State CPL is lost, stolen or destroyed, you may apply for a REPLACEMENT CPL from the Stanwood Police Department regardless of where your CPL was originally issued if you are currently a resident in the city of Stanwood.



Type of Permit Fee

Original CPL

Renew CPL $32.00
Late Renewal $42.00
Replacement CPL $10.00 
  • For credit card transactions a nominal credit card transaction fee will be charged for each transaction. Charges will be viewable prior to transaction completion.
  • Fingerprinting is required for an original Concealed Pistol License. Appointments for fingerprinting are generally available Tuesdays and Thursdays - 1:00pm to 4:30pm, excluding legal holidays.
  • Click the appropriate button on the left of the screen to proceed with an application for a Concealed Pistol License.


Please note that this website is optimized for IE 9.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

Fingerprinting Services  We are here to help.

Fingerprinting services are offered on an appointment basis at the Stanwood Police Departement located at 8727 271st ST NW, Stanwood, WA 98292. The service is offered during normal business hours. Photo identification is required (driver license, passport, etc.) at the time of service.

The public counter provides inkless (digitally scanned) fingerprints on an FBI FD-258 card provided by our office.  In most instances, fingerprints cannot be sent electronically; the completed FD-258 fingerprint card will be provided to you. It will be your responsibility to submit the fingerprint card(s) to the requesting agency or business and obtain the proper ORI (a 9-digit originating agency identifier assigned by the FBI).

This general fingerprinting service may not be used to schedule concealed pistol license fingerprints. Concealed pistol license fingerprints must be processed as part of your Original Concealed Pistol License application and there will be a prompt at the end of your application process to schedule them.


  • $10.00 for up to TWO (2) cards, $3.00 for each additional card.


  • Appointments for fingerprinting will be processed Tuesdays and Thursdays - 1:00pm to 4:30pm.


For More Information, Contact:

Stanwood Police Department


8727 271st ST NW
Stanwood, WA 98292

Phone: 425-388-5290
Fax: 360-629-2886



For Technical Support, Contact:

Permitium Software
Phone: (855) 642-2453